Volunteering at Girls Inc. of Lynn!
Volunteers at Girls Incorporated of Lynn play an important role in the delivery of our enrichment programs by providing their time, expertise and talent to our members. In our last fiscal year, 265 people volunteered in numerous ways! Our volunteer opportunities are available Monday through Friday. To be accepted as a volunteer, interested individuals must complete a Volunteer Application form and undergo a reference and criminal records check. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to apply.
Do you have an hour or two to spare each week? Would you like to share your time, expertise and experience with girls? Girls Incorporated of Lynn values the contributions of volunteers! Direct care or "behind the scenes" volunteers enhance girls' experience with our programs and contribute to inspiring girls to develop into strong, smart and bold individuals.
Our programs are divided into three categories:
- School-Age childcare programs for girls ages 5 to 12
- Middle School programs for members ages 12 to 14
- High School programs for older teens
Most opportunities take place Monday - Friday in the afternoon from 1:45 pm - 5:30 pm. Our teen programs take place after school and early evenings until 7:00 pm. If you are only available during the day we can use your help with bulk mailings and other projects.
Some ways to help are:
- Homework Tutor
- Literacy Volunteer
- Operation SMART (Science, Math, and Relevant Technology) Program Volunteers
- Help with our bulk mailings & Special events
- Help with fundraising events
- Career Speaker: share about your career with our teens
- Share your skills or hobby in a workshop
- Host a job shadow day or an internship
- Web site updates
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 781.592.9744 ext. 243 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Volunteer Application
College Internships are also available for credit.